Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

I love the holiday season, I really do, but this year I was even more keenly aware of the books that sat on my nightstand, my Kindle, and at the library waiting to be read.  It seems each year is busier than the one before, and this year, my reading really took a back seat to shopping, baking, and the overall craziness of life.

But with 2011 behind us, it is time to look forward to all I have to read and talk about this coming year.  I just finished V is for Vendetta, Sue Grafton's latest alphabet mystery, and next up is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, my book club's choice this month. Waiting in reserve is a great nonfiction about a guy who buys and tries to run a Korean deli in New York, as well as the newest Flavia de Luce novel.

What would the new year be without resolutions? I resolve to be more faithful to this blog, to write even just a few paragraphs when I don't have a whole review to post.  It's been more than a year since I started "Turn of the Page," and sharing my love of reading has never been more enjoyable.

Happy New Year!